Curran Road, Auburn, IL, United States
This beautiful 1.4 mile long piece of restored hand-laid brick road is a segment of 66 done in 1931 and placed over the concrete roadbed.
Paving with brick was actually completed after the realignment of Route 66 to the eastern routing that runs through Litchfield. This section of road was briefly reverted to Illinois SBI 4 until the current alignment of Illinois 4 took place in 1932. It is well maintained and in fantastic condition, a worthy location for a photo opportunity.