Route 66 Association Hall of Fame & Museum
Get a complete Route 66 Experience all under one roof!
The Route 66 Association of Illinois Hall of Fame and Museum features thousands of artifacts and memorabilia related to Route 66 - The Mother Road.
Our Museum boasts:
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides
- Route 66 memorabilia from Hall of Fame members!
- Route 66 Artist and Icon, Bob Waldmire's bus and van!
- Travel resources - explore the highway by visiting Route 66 towns on our flip-rack library!
- A great photo op with the largest Route 66 shield mural, painted on our museum's outside back wall!
- SO much more!
Lyn Dennis (via our Facebook Fan page) says,
Gotta say that we just returned from spending time on The Mother Road and Illinois has done itself proud in trying to maintain the history of Rt 66. Pontiac deserves a medal. We would like to have spent HOURS there. We've promised ourselves a return trip. :)
We're so glad we stopped here on our Route 66 trip! I can't wait to visit again and see and meet more nice people. This Museum is truly a vibrant, changing tribute to the road.
View a slideshow of our fabulous museum - the next best thing to seeing it in person (and we hope you will!)
If you'd like to loan or donate Route 66 items to the Museum, please bring them in on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Thanks to everyone for your support!
Open 7 Days a Week!
Winter Hours (start November 1st)
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Summer Hours (start April 1st)
Weekdays 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
We welcome your Route 66 news, stories, photos and events for publication in our newsletter or on our web site!