Let’s not get ahead of ourselves…
If you’ve never participated in a Motor Tour, you may not know what we’re talking about here. In case you’re wondering, read, What is a Motor Tour Anyway? to get up to speed.
Our annual Motor Tour for 2019 is shaping up nicely: this year’s theme is Life in the Slow Lane! You can now pre-register for this fun-filled weekend event. This year marks our 30th Motor Tour. You get a lot of fun for only $35 per registered car!
You don’t need to be a member of our association to participate in our Motor Tour, but we’d love it if you joined our mission to Preserve, Educate, Promote and Enjoy Route 66 in Illinois. Click for membership information.
Tour highlights include:
- North to South tour direction (Romeoville to Litchfield)
- Registration: (fill out registration form and pay on site OR pick up participation packet if pre-registered) Friday evening June 7 – 5:00 PM -8:00 PM OR Saturday morning 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM at White Fence Farm (parking lot), Romeoville, IL. (Tour takes off immediately following morning registration).
- Includes stops/events in Joliet, Gardner, Atlanta on Saturday; Springfield, Nilwood and Gillespie (special event) on Saturday and many more destinations along the way!
- Hall of Fame Banquet (separate event – $25 per person) Saturday evening will be held at the American Legion Hall in Lincoln, Illinois featuring the famous food of Chef Wentlandt!
- Each registered car receives a commemorative aluminum license plate (additional plates will be available for $5 each)
- Commemorative T-shirts, 100% cotton and made in the USA (of course) will be available for sale
You can easily pre-register for this event by downloading the form below:
(Pre-registration before June 7 is $35; on-site registration Friday evening or Saturday morning is $45.)
Submit completed form with payment to:
9280 Drummond Dr
Tinley Park, IL 60487
Pre-registered tour participants will receive further details at a date closer to the tour date by mail.
For questions about our Life in the Slow Lane Tour, contact:
We look forward to motor touring with you!